Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

My Creative Time - I need a FAVOR Turkey Time!

 I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact it is November.

I live in Indiana and when I was a child, November meant cold, windy and busy days on the farm.  My mother was preparing for Thanksgiving way ahead of time by baking holiday treats and planning her menu.  I loved it!  It was during those busy times I began my love of cooking and keeping a home.

Holiday preparations were always special.  Even though our extended family was HUGE, we would all sit down to eat our Thanksgiving meal.  We may be a separate tables, but would be sitting at a table.  Our dishes didn't match but Mom always made sure to have a "table favor" by each plate.

Today I bring you Mr. Turkey!


Normally you would use him as a "turkey pop", but for me he will hold a little piece of heaven also known as a Ferrero Rocher piece of chocolate.  I find this three pack at my Dollar Tree and it's great for making treats!  I usually keep a few in my freezer for when I need to make a little treat.


Here is the side view of showing the chocolate all tucked inside my turkey.

Since I plan to put this on the dinner plate, I felt it needed a base so I reached for my

Pretty Scallop Circle and Layer dies to create the base and stamped the sentiment from

Teeny Tag Holidays in brown ink.  I love how this came out!

Here is the link to the Turkey Pop Die but be careful!  If you are like me and repackage your 

stamps & die sets, make sure you don't toss the nose & eyes!  I had to improvise since I 

couldn't locate them in my packaging.

Fall crafts are coming to a close for me as I begin creating for Christmas!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!

I'm so thankful that we can be together again!

Cathy




1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!