Pages

Friday, January 14, 2022

Farmhouse-ish!

 As a young woman growing up on an

actual farm, I couldn't wait until I was old enough to

leave it by getting married and having a home of my own.

Little did I realize that one day I would pine away for that

drafty old brick home with it's large front porch, red barn,

gravel driveway and the dust and dirt that found it's way inside daily.

Farm life was not easy then and I'm sure it's not easy now, but

I have learned to appreciate the quiet moments which allow me to

travel back in time if only in my mind.

After retiring I decided to do some decorating changes in our

condo as I just love the farmhouse decor vibe.

My first BIG project was getting the entire inside painted a

soft grey and then having the cabinets painted white.



Here are two shots showing how gorgeous the cabinet color.
The overall monochromatic look makes my
condo seem much larger than before.
Here is a picture of my living room.


I loved the tree so much I left it up all last year and
never decorated for Christmas this year except for this tree.

So today, I made myself a sign that I
think sums up my decorating style.


Now I just need to figure out where to hang it!

Thanks for stopping by my farmhouse-ish home!

Cathy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!