Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2021

My Creative Time - Just Cards!

 I think as crafters we all have a 

home base and mine is card making.  This year being

stuck at home while we battle Covid, card making has kept me sane.

I do sell my cards, but this year I really began sending up to 10 cards 

a week.  I started with my church family as many are elderly

and I felt could use the pick me up of someone thinking about them

even though we couldn't see them.  Then I branched out to my circle of friends.

I took the time to write something meaningful in the cards as I

wanted to give them hope.  As a nurse, I knew the danger when the pandemic

first began.  But as the shutdowns continued, I felt I had a calling to make

and send cards as much as I could.  It was this year that I was

grateful that I had a good supply of stamps, ink, dies and paper to carry

on my mission.  Oh and let's not forget Amazon deliveries!!!

I finished my handmade Christmas cards in March of 2020

so when it came time to send and address, I had plenty of time to actually

write notes in almost all of my cards.  And not to brag, but I already

have my 2021 Christmas cards made and will enjoy writing in them

come this November.

When Emma asked me to Guest Design, I was thrilled

when she asked for a card.  Cards don't have to be hard or

challenging.  I know there are many intricate card designs out there

and they are beautiful, but that's not my style.  I'm a simple country girl and

I like things that are easy.  So here is my card that I created

for My Creative Time.




I created the front of my card using the 

Gift Card Tag Dies.  This is such a versatile set.

After gluing the pocket together, I actually trimmed

off the top so I could still stamp a sentiment at the top of my card.

I wanted the entire inside available for me to write 

something instead of putting the gift card inside.

Think outside the box!  You might think this tag set is just for

Christmas, but as you can see, it can be used year round!

Adding on the Peeking Bunny Die is the perfect

addition to make this look springy!

Well, that's it for me today!  Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Make sure and head over to My Creative Time and check out

everything she has to offer!

Happy Crafting!  Mimi

4 comments:

  1. OMG love your giftcard card!!!
    Love your use of color
    TFS💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and love the colors!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gift card pocket! How cute to make it so springy, too. I love when dies can be used for so many different things! It would make a great tag pocket, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!