Sunday, August 18, 2013

Winner, Winner - Chicken Dinner!

I have no idea what that means, but I've
always wanted to say it!  LOL!
I spent 3 days at the county fair last week watching
my grandkids show their animals.  They have beef, sheep and pigs.

They did outstanding and won so many trophies and ribbons,
we have all lost count.

How's this for a couple of winners!  
Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Lamb!


Then we had pigs.  Not the best picture of the pig, but it's
great of Drew!  Doesn't he look pleased?  He won Grand Champion Pig.


And then, there's the beef!

Reserve Grand Champion - not the best photo as I 
forgot my camera on this day!


The sale took place on Friday and the boys did real good.
We always appreciate the buyers and their support of our youth.
Much hard work goes in to raising, feeding and training these animals.

As each boy won, he walked to the judge and shook his hand -
tears from Mimi!  So proud of these boys and the young men they
are becoming.  My heart is full!

I make a handmade card for all of the buyers.  Today I made 26 of these!

I hope they like them!


Ribbon is cut from the Cricut Recess cartridge.  Both tickets were a 
print and cut from the Silhouette Store.  I did change the wording on the top
one.  I also did a print and cut for the "Thank you" inside the ribbon.
The mat was also a Cameo image that I cut with textured white cardstock for a 
little depth.  Edges were inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.

Thank you for coming to check out my blog.
Come back later this week as my facelift will almost be
complete!  I can't wait for you to see the NEW ME!

Mimi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!