Friday, August 23, 2013

Cardztv Color Pop Challenge!

I'm so excited to have you visit my blog today.
I got a face lift this week - trust me I needed it too.
Now if I could only get one in real life, but I guess getting
the "lift" for my blog will have to do!

When I began to type up my blog post,
I thought how fitting the title of
 "color pop" is when that's exactly what happened
to my blog!  Anyway, I hope you like my new look.
I'd be thrilled if you grab my blinkie and share my site
on your blog!  I love followers and don't forget to
 invite me to your
blog!  I love taking a road trips!

Our challenge this week starts on 
August 23, 2013 and will run for 2 weeks.

 Your challenge is to create a card, layout
or other craft project using black and white and a POP of
yellow for color.  

I get all goose bumpy just thinking of all the
creations we are going to see.  Link your project to:
www.cardztvblogspot.com and you will
get a chance to win Cardztv stamps!

Here's my card!
 I started with a black base and used layers of 
white and black to build.
The first layer of white was run through
my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.
Then I used my most favorite Martha Stewart
punch to give me a classy border.
I added another layer of white and black
but use a Stampin Up stamp to
create the background paper.

I'm a huge SU fan and I wish I knew what this set was 
called but I do think it discontinued, however, SU is
wonderful for having sets like this.  Create your own drama
with just ink!  I love it.
I used another MS punch and punched out
four butterflies and glued two together so I
 could get more dimension.  I added some pearls on the
butterfly body as well as some stickles and
then more pearls on the swirls.


My tag was cut with an EK Success tag punch and then
to top of this beauty I used Cardztv stamp set called
THIS 'n' THAT!

What a great, fun set this is to have.


This is one of Mary's newer stamp sets and I just 
love it!  If you like quality, clear stamps, your search is OVER!

Now it's your turn for the challenge!
Head back to www.cardztvblogspot.com to  add your
creation to the list.  I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. I love your new blog makeover and this card is so beautiful!! The butterflies and pearls are a great touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card. Love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow your card is absolutely so beautiful and so elegant I love how you did everything. You really used so many different items to achieve your creation. All I can say is WOW!! You are just so clever, creative and packed with talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful!!! I so love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant! I love Stampin' Up too and I love the stamp you've used. The pearls and butterflies are a great added touch. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!