Friday, June 14, 2013

Love in a Jar Cardztv Challenge!


So excited about a new Cardztv Stamp set call
Love in a Jar!

This challenge begins on June 14, 2013.

Make sure and go to www.cardztv.blogspot.com
to enter this fun challenge!


What a great set for all of your summer creations!
The little labels are an added bonus as these stamp perfectly
and can then be fussy cut to use on a card or other project.

I can't get enough strawberries right now but I 
remember vividly my mother's Strawberry Jam!  It was called
freezer jam and she always made enough that our family ate
jam all year long.  She made enough that she also gave little jars
away during the holiday season.


I used all Stampin Up card stock!  I'm a big fan!
I love the way it cuts and it seems to be the right weight for cards.
I started with a navy base, layered Cherry Cobbler, a layer of Whisper White,
another layer of Cherry Cobbler with a bottom border cut with 
the Scallop Scallop border punch.  I layered one more
piece of Whisper White that was embossed with a folder from 
Stampin Up, but I'm sorry I don't know the name!

Now comes the fun part!  I used the small jar and stamped
the image on a clear piece of plastic but make sure you use Stazon Ink pad.
Then I used my Copic markers and colored the BACK of the jar and after
it was dry I added red stickles.  I cut the jar lid out of silver card stock and 
placed it on the top of the jar for a little more dimension.  
I used the label stamp and fussy cut, added "strawberry Jam" and a tag
on the lid with some twine.

The two little strawberries were stamped and "masked" to make 
them look like one is behind the other.  I used some Liquid Pearls
on top of the strawberry.


The inside of the card has another layer so a short
note could be added and of course, I had to use one more
sentiment from this great stamp set.



One last look at the front of my project!

Okay, link your project at http://cardztv.blogspot.com

AND WANT ANOTHER CHANCE FOR BLOG CANDY?

1. Follow my blog, if not already following
2. Comment below

At the end of the challenge, I will draw TWO winners, each picked
by Random.org to win a 6 inch paper pad!



I LOVE 6x6 pads and if you make cards, you will too!

Join us in the fun!

Mimi



14 comments:

  1. Oh what yummy jam!! My Mom use to make freezer jam, too! And we grew our own strawberries!! I so love the embossing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards ... I'm in a strawberry kind of mood lately
    too. They're sooo good :)

    pruttybird at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  3. After looking at The Team's projects I'm considering taking the plunge and making some of that freezer jam I used to make my kids were little. Adorable card and I absolutely love that embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful!!! I love it. I also agree about strawberries, never can eat enough and I have made my share of freezer jam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card my friend! I absolutely LOVE that embossing!!! It's very elegant. The twine on top of the jar lid is just the perfect touch! Thanks for the chance to win as well!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the embossing on this card. I love Stampin Up cardstock too. I can't wait to order more. The strawberries on this card make me want to make homemade jam. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you embossed on just 1/2 the card. The twine on the lid looks so cute!!! your card looks really great! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a super sweet strawberry card! I love this new stamp set too! Your dry embossing technique is delish. Great job!
    Hugs,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card. Its amazing. What a great give away to.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card and embossing Cathy.
    Hugs
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!