Friday, April 19, 2013

Cute as a Button Cardztv Challenge!

Ready for some fun?

Join the Cardztv Design Team for our

Cute as a Button Challenge

The challenge begins April 19, 2013
Make a card, layout or craft project using BUTTONS!

Such a fun challenge and I can't wait to see what you create!

Here's my card:


I used my Imagine, my Cameo & my Cuttlebug on this card!
Watch my video below to hear my tips on creating your layering mats.

The first mat is embossed with an Anna Griffin embossing folder.  I love this folder!
I popped up the next layer and this mat was cut with Elegant Edges and my Imagine.
Again, I used the Cuttlebug folder Swiss Dots and then popped up my 
image with foam tape.  I used my Cameo for the print and cut file for the flower.
If you own a Cameo, you must learn how to print and cut.
I "glitzed" up the flower by adding a button to the flower middle, stickles on the petals and
the edges are lightly inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.  I added 4 more tiny buttons
in each corner for balance.


I added a little green bow on the top of the pot and a teeny tiny tag
with a Cardztv Stamps sentiment.  The stamp set is called Just a Little Encouragement.
This is the perfect set for those times when your sentiment needs to be small because your 
images are bigger.  I love this set!

Watch my video here for some layering tips!


Okay!  It's your turn!  I can't wait to see your
creations!  Have a great time creating!

Mimi

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous--awesome video friend and I love, love, love the embossing folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. I will get the folders soon. Wish I had the Cameo, that will come later! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. I will get the folders soon. Wish I had the Cameo, that will come later! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card Cathy, I loved your video and all your helpful hints that you shared.
    Hugs
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a very pretty card Cathy, love all the embossing and the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, your card is beautiful. I love that Anna Griffin embossing folder. I am going to have to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Cathy!! The flower is so pretty and I just love the layers and the embossing. Fabulous video, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I may do something like it for Mother's day. Loved your video, learned a lot. I find it hard to get good, simply explained advice about using the Cameo. Yours was terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card for this week's challenge is just beautiful. I especially love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a very pretty card and I love those embossing folders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty. I love all the embossing.
    :) Janis, CTVS DT Sister

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!