Friday, March 8, 2013

It's SO You - Cardztv Challenge!

Hello you crafty friends!  Are you ready for a fun, fun challenge?
Mary at Cardztv Stamps has challenged us to use our favorite colors
to create a card, layout or craft project using YOUR favorite
colors.  It was fun, but not an easy challenge for me because
I LOVE so many color combinations.
However, I'm feeling springy these days.
We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and I yearn
for spring flowers and some sun, so my card was born out 
of that yearning.  So that being said, here's the official information:

Cardz TV Ch# 26 "It's SO You!"
Make a card, layout or craft project using YOUR favorite colors.
Starts: Fri, Mar 8
Ends: Thurs, Mar 21 @ Noon EST
Prize: 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps 

Here is my project for this challenge:


My flower cut is from the Silhouette Store.  I used DWWV Spring Fling
Matstacks from last year.  I bought the patterned pack and the plain paper which
has a slight texture.  Both cut beautifully and really pull my project together.
The edges have all been inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.
I used a die cut for the circle behind the flower.  It seems to add a pop to the flower.
This die comes from My Creative Time line of products.

The sentiment is from Cardztv Stamp line GOOD FRIENDS!
The sentiment stamped beautifully on the textured paper.
The inside of the card looks like this:



I added two more mats to the inside and another sentiment from 
GOOD FRIENDS.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the bottom
border.  Check out the other GREAT projects made by the Design
Team for Cardztv at www.cardztv.blogspot.com

Thanks for taking time to stop by!


Now it's your turn!

Come play with us!

...


18 comments:

  1. This is just BEAUTIFUL!LOVE!LOVE!LOVE!
    Have a Fabulous Friday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I love this so much! So pretty! you've outdone yourself yet again :0 Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty & luv the colors...TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! I love that flower. I am loving "Good Friends" I just got it last week, and can't stop making cards with it! TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty! I love the flower. The doily looks great with the distressing. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura
    (DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your spring colors and your pretty card. I sure hope you get rid of all that snow soon so you can see some flowers and pretty colors. I sure know how depressing all the grey and white of winter can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I so love that flower and the colors you used! Fantastic card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Sharon!! Beautiful card!! I love the colors and flower you used for this beautiful creation!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! Pink and green are my favorite colors! Candice DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy,
    Your card is just soooo pretty, love the papers!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Gosh this card is beautiful!!!! I love the papers and especially love that gorgeous border trim!!

    Hugs,
    Jo-DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love the doily?!?! Great card and I love the inside sentiment...that's the best kind of therapy!!! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! The papers are gorgeous and love the doily and flower:)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mimi ~ this is so PRETTY! The papers are GORGEOUS! I now need this pack of paper ! EEK! Does the wanting ever stop! Anyhoo ~ LOVE how you placed the flower oin the doily! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us over at My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flower and doily are so cute! It really makes this card extra special! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, beautiful job on this card. The doily looks gorgeous behind the flower! Thank you for playing along with the My Creative Time Designer Challenge! Have a wonderful day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT looking card,I LOVE the pretty flower and the colors!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!