Friday, January 25, 2013

CardzTV Color Challenge!


Cardz TV Ch# 23 "Color Challenge"
Make a card, layout, or craft project using RED, BLACK, and WHITE ONLY!
Starts: Fri, Jan 25
Ends: Thurs, Feb 7 @ Noon EST
Prize: 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps 

Here is my project for this challenge:


I love this card!  First of all, I love the combination of black & red!
The card is a 3x3 card, the white layer started out as a 3.25 inch card stock
then I used my FAVORITE Martha Stewart corner punch and straight punch.
It makes a beautiful background, don't you think?
The heart was cut with my Cricut at 1.5 inches.  There are tons of cartridges
that have hearts.  You can also use a punch.  Cut out 5 hearts and fold them in the center.
I ran them through the Cuttlebug to give them some dimension, but you don't have
to do that.  I then glued them together to create the fan affect.


The inside is finished off with another layer cut at 3.35 and some
tiny hearts from another Martha Stewart punch.  I added 4 pearls on the front
in the corners and Cardztv stamps - HAPPY DAYS!


Now it's your turn!



Come play with us!

...

18 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love this card. I love how you embossed it and that punch is adorable and makes the background pop. So inspiring!!

    Shawnee
    DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just BEAUTIFUL! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MiMi your card is gorgeous and amazing I so glad you shared your recipe as I was wondering how you did your dimensional heart gosh I love it soooo much also love how MS punches worked with it too I heart Mary's stamps and MS punches and I heart your card you are one amazingly talented gal I truly am in awe of your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this card!!! It is so cute and just perfect!! This color combo is one of my favorites! Love your heart, great idea and love your punched mat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty...love the 3d heart!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card - the embossing on that amazing heart is perfect! TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! The 3D heart is fabulous! Love the lacy background too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. Love the dimension on the heart along with the embossing for texture.
    Jeri (DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the 3D heart! Love the pearls in the corners for an extra touch. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura
    (DT Sister)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Totally awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Cards~I love the hearts
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card-- love the embossed hearts-- perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 3-D heart is so adorable! XOXO, Julie. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a unique card - beautiful! I just found this blog and love all the creative ideas!
    Melinda Strange
    Huntsville, TX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!