Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Jaded Blossom Guest Designer!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I am excited to be
Guest Designing for Jaded Blossom.
I know we have all begun to feel the "crunch time"
of the holiday season, but take some time, grab your coffee,
tea or hot cocoa and prepare to have a little fun.
One of things I LOVE about Jaded Blossom
stamps is the "kiss" line. You see I'm a big
treat maker. I have a staff of almost 40 people
and I love making treats. When I saw their "kiss" stamps
I knew the order would be soon be going in
for them all!
Here's my project!
 
 
(click on the picture to make larger)
 
How about a giant kiss package for a
packet of Hershey Kisses?

I designed this on my Gypsy but you don't have to
have a Gypsy to make this work.
With your cutter, select your favorite heart and if you
don't own a Gyspy, cut out two. Score the bottom
(or actually the top) of your heart about 1/2 inch from
the edge where the bumps start. Fold them and glue
then together. As you bend them up, you have just made
your Hershey looking holder. If you own a Gyspy, place
two hearts on your mat, flip one, line them up and weld.

I cut my heart at 4.5, but you can cut any size.
The bigger the cut, the more candy!

I used the Jaded Blossom gusset bags to
hold my kisses that were stamped
with Winter Candies and Christmas Candies.
The sentiments were cut out with a 3/4 inch
punch.

I used a deep burgundy ink so it stood
out on the silver foil. I adhered the sentiment
with glue dots. I added one more on the front of
my package. I added a burgundy 1 inch circle behind
the sentiment to make it stand out
even more. The label on the front of my package is
the Curly Label Die from Jaded Blossom.
The Curly Everyday Border was
also stamped with the burgundy ink.

To finish off my package I used some
jute from my stash along with some holiday
ribbon and some greenery punched out
of green paper.

I love how these turned out!
I'm honored to be a Guest Designer today
and I hope you've gotten some inspiration
to take some time out of your hectic life and
craft. There's something
about paper, scissors, adhesive and CHOCOLATE
to get my motor running!

Have a blessed holiday season and thanks
again for stopping by.

Mimi


18 comments:

  1. Super Cute Cathy! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great gift idea, and it looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable favor! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What adorable favors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable favor! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a Guest Designer Mimi :) I love your project - what a great way to make a gift of Hershey's kisses! TFS

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooo awesome! I LOVE how they turned out, you did a fabulous job!
    ~Candace
    JB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your DT spot!!Adorable Treat!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and the paper you used. So Pretty. Thanks for Guest Designing for us this month over at Jaded Blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is sooooo pretty and cute !!! love how you used the punch as the holly for the circle tag !!! love it!!! awesome job thanks so much for being a gd for us !!!

    michelle ~ jb owner
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! Thanks for joining us for this months challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Jaded Blossom's monthly challenge, and being a guest this month!

    Jenny – Jaded Blossom DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!! Thanks so much for joining us over at Jaded Blossom's monthly challenge!

    Jenny – Jaded Blossom DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job on these :)

    Julie
    Cricut Chick

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!