Monday, November 26, 2012

Busy Thanksgiving Weekend!

As many of you, I had a busy holiday
weekend.  My daughter in law had her first Thanksgiving
dinner and it was incredible!  She is the perfect hostess!
The food was awesome and it was the perfect blend of
turkey and trimmings!  Her youngest son, Drew came to Mimi's
house on Wednesday to help me bake pies.  I ask him
to pose with the pies and here's what I got......
 
Ha ha ha!  I love it!  I did get him to pose without
the tongue, but this truly shows his personality!
 
I also needed some sympathy cards as my sister in law
passed away the day before Thanksgiving.  This
is the card I sent to my niece who was the caretaker of her
mother before she passed away.

 
I then made another sympathy card for my brother.
We live about 3.5 hours away from each other and do
not get a chance to visit execpt by phone.  I wanted to
let him know I am thinking and praying for him and his
children.  The sentiment on this card is from Cardztv Stamps
called Heartfelt Wishes.  I do serve on Cardztv Design Team,
but I must say that I love these stamps!  Look how awesome
they stamped on this textured cardstock.  The sentiments are
perfect and I find myself reaching for them time and time again.

 
The sentiment on the above card was a set I bought
at Hobby Lobby.  I don't know the maker of them but I
do use them frequently for sympathy notes.
 
As life goes on, I also needed a wedding card.
The card below was made with hearts that I cut on
my Cricut.  Normally I put pearls on the bride's heart
but since I was mailing, I needed to keep the embelishments
to a minimum.  This is a fun card to make and I encourage
you to take your turn to make it.
 
I used My Creative Time's Tiny Tag sentiments
for the Mr. & Mrs.

 
I hope you had a good holiday weekend.  It was back to
work for me and you know, sometimes work is just what
the doctor orders!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Mimi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!