Friday, October 5, 2012

Cardztv Buttons and Boos! Challenge!


Today is the beginning of a brand new challenge for


"Buttons & Boo's!"

Starts: Friday, Oct. 5th@ 12:00 am EST
Ends: Thurs, Oct. 11th @ Noon EST
Details: Create a card, layout or craft project for Halloween using Buttons
Prize: 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps of the winner's choice
Winner (chosen by random.org) Announced: Friday, Oct. 12th @ Cardz TV

So excited to show you what I made for this challenge!

 
The inside of the card looks like this!

 
Now let me share that this card was made with a circle punch - no die cuts.
I stamped 4 -1 inch circles.  I put the first circle down with adhesive and then
drew the legs on the spider.  I added a pop dot and placed the second dot on top of the first so it added some dimension.  The black string used is a little thicker than normal
twine - I found it at Walmart.  If you look closely at the spider, you will see two black buttons for the "head" and then I added two googly eyes.
I love buttons, so I just had to add a couple more on the front of the card for balance.
 
I used some black stickles on the "feet" to make them stand out a little better.
 
The sentiment on the front of the card is
Cardztv Spooky Sayings
 
The inside sentiment is from Mary's new Halloween set, Oct 31st
 
Look at all the great stamps here!
 
 
Mary's stamps are such a great VALUE and easily to clean!
 
 
I can't wait to see what you come up for this challenge!
 
Thanks for playing along with the Cardztv Design Team!
 
Mimi
 

15 comments:

  1. Super cute...love the spiders! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your card! The black and white colors make it so striking. I also love that you used buttons - TFS :)

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love your card!! Those spiders are just way to cute!! Love how you did the legs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEEEEKK those spiders on the front are adorable but the one on the inside is creeeeeeepy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. The spiders are adorable!! I love that you used no die cuts to do this card. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathie,
    Such an adorable card! They are just too cute, for spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is super cute!! Very creative, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These spiders are so cute! I love it! You did a great job with this card!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura
    CTVS DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love the spiders!!

    Hugs,
    Ginger
    DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your spiders:-) great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this card just makes me get the jitters!!! I don't like spiders and this card altho they are cute, still freaks me out LOL ... love this... just perfect for halloween

    Hugs,
    Jo
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel in love with your card that moment that I saw it! You did such a great job with this challenge! XOXO

    Julie DT Sister :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cards! Especially the button spiders!
    Pam
    http://scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com/
    pamdanner1973@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!