Sunday, September 30, 2012

Peachy Keen Circle Sketch Challenge

Happy Sunday!  I've been resting today after
 a very busy  weekend at work.  I relax by spending
time in my craft loft. My first
order of buisness was to clean up my space. 
I had many scraps to file.
I know that may sounds strange, but most of us
 crafters save our scraps as we never want to waste paper.
 I have a plastic tower of 12x12 drawers
that I file all of my scraps by color.
 I use mostly Stampin Up paper, so my scraps
always match when I'm making cards.  I do use
other patterned paper but most of my solids are SU.
 I also love SU  paper as it is colored
all the way through.  The more inexpensive
paper needs to have the edges inked as the center of the
paper is usually white.  SU is solid clear through
and cuts beautifully in my Cricut Imagine and Expression.
 
I've never participated in a Peachy Keen Challenge,
but I was intrigued when I saw the sketch.  I had picked
up a packet of black doiles. I love doiles but I had no idea if
 I was going to craft with them or use them in my kitchen.
 Well you can see, I decided to add them on my card.
 
 
The base of the card is a deep plum.  Then a layer of white and the dot
pattern is mounted on top of that layer.  My
pumpkin is actually "egg" dies and i put
three of them together to make the pumpkin.  I used a
 Peachy Keen stamp to make the face on my Jack-O-Lantern. 
 I just ordered the actual set of faces for the
pumpkins, but this came from Monster
 Mash (I think).  I added a piece of ribbon under the
 pumpkin and then to add some
more circles I used a smaller set of stamps from
Jaded Blossom.  These are such CUTE little stamps
 made for the bottoms of Hershey kisses!  I can't wait to
 use for some treat bags, but they
were a cute addition to this card as well.  I added a mesh bat,
and some purple rhinestones
but I'm not sure you can see them.
 
For my first time at a PK challenge, I'm pleased!
 
Hope you are too!
 
Mimi


13 comments:

  1. Very!Very!Cute!Adorable Pumpkin!!Love PKS!TFS
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The colors and the Peachy Keen face are super. TFS


    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin and really the whole card! The circle elements go together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darilng! Great PK face and the small circles you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Beautiful card, Mimi, and I agree 150% with your assessment of SU paper. That's about all I EVER use, too and I have even stored my scraps in the same way! WELCOME to The Peachy Keen Challenge, and we're thrilled you could play along with us! Great job on the sketch and thanks for sharing!
    ~Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pumpkin! Thanks for joining us on the Sketch Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimi this is awesome! Good luck with the challenge. Its sure to be a winner!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is tooo cute! I love all the details and how you used the circle stamps!
    ~Candace
    Jaded Blossom Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. So smart to make the pumpkin with egg dies. I always see tulips and have used them for those but never though of pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously adorable pumpkin!! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps this week!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgosh this is so cute. Love your card and how you used the JB Stamps.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!