Friday, September 7, 2012

Cardztv Happy Holiday Challenge!

 

Today is the beginning of a brand new challenge for

"Happy Holiday ~ Pick One!"
Starts: Friday, Sept 7th 12:00 am EST
Ends: Thurs, Sept 13th 11:59 pm EST
 
Details: Create a card, layout or craft project for ANY holiday you'd like, using any colors you'd like.
 
Prize: 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps of the winner's choice
Winner (chosen by random.org) Announced: Friday, Sept 14th @ Cardz TV

Here is what I created for this challenge:
 
 
 
Making winter/holiday cards will be so easy now
that you have Mary's new stamp set SNOW DAY!
 
 
I was so excited to recieve this set, I had to make
a card immediately.  I used 3 Birds on Parade to cut out this
little cute bird with her hat, scarf and boots.   Isn't she adorbs?
I placed some Stampin Up Dazzling Diamonds glitter on her hat
and boots and scarf.  I love glitter!
 
I tore two layers of white cardstock and lightly inked
with a light blue pad to make it look like snow. 
Then I used a Zig two way glue
pen and lightly touch the "snow" and added more glitter.
 
The top of the scene is a die cut and the finished
product is very delicate but gorgeous!  I again
used my Zig Glue pen and dusted it with Dazzling Diamond
glitter.  I'm not sure if you can see, but I used two layers of white
paper cut just a bit smaller to give it more
dimension.  The bird is popped up on a double thickness
of foam tape.
 
For the inside of the card, I again cut a white layer and used
a border punch on the bottom.  I used a blue/white dot ribbon
at the bottom of the white layer.  I used my Martha Stewart
snowflake punch and a Stampin Up snowflake punch to add some
dimension and interest on the inside.  I ran all three "flakes"
through my Zyron upside down so they would really
be sticky and then added the glitter.
 
I used two sentiments from the Snow Day stamp
set for the outside and inside of the
card.  I'm thrilled with how this turned out!
 
You will enter the Cardztv giveaway here:
 
BUT
In honor of reaching 200 followers, I too am giving away
some blog candy.  Would you like to win?
 
 

 
All you have to do is:
1. Become a follower (if you are not already)
2. Leave a comment and tell me your
favorite holiday
 
That's it!  I will use Random.org to draw a winner
on Friday September 14, 2012 for It's All About You Stamp Set.
 
Thanks for stopping by and sharing this time
with us.  Check out all the wonderful projects
from the Cardztv Design Team!
 
Have a great day!
 
Mimi


30 comments:

  1. Such a cute card!!! Love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is really "tweet" you did an amazing job with the embossing and glitter. I have all of Mary's stamps and they are the best ever just like her DT. you all ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card!!! I am a follower. My favorite holiday is Christmas.

    mimicaro9650 at yahoo dot com
    http://www.whodatscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bird is so cute. Just signed up to follow your blog. My favorite holiday is Christmas, usually the only holiday everyone can be together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card-- I love this cartridge and I adore this card :) How fun! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is soooo cute!! I love it!! :o)

    Congrats on reaching 200 followers! My favorite Holiday is Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is super cute!! I just got 3 birds and can't wait to start with it! There are some very cute images on it. Congrats on 200 followers and my favorite holiday is Christmas with Halloween being a VERY close runner up!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute. I love this card and cartridge. I love all holidays but Christmas is definitely my favorite next to Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable. Congrats on reaching 200+ followers. my favorite holiday is thanksgiving and Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! So adorable! My favorite holiday is Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little bird is so cute! My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love the food and the time spent with family. Plus the day after shopping is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so so pretty!!!! Love the little birdie and the great glitter!! My favorite holiday is Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mimi,
    What a Sweet Card!!Very Adorable!!!The birdie is just too darn cute!!I wish he was real..lol..Love that you used Glitter.I usually LOVE to add glitter on whatever I make....just for that extra sparkle!Congrats on reaching your 200 followers!Awesome!My favorite holiday would be Christmas because well as strange as it would be I love the winter weather,the baking,the cooking,and of course Christmas day!!!Who doesn't love Christmas!Thanks for the chance to win this awesome giveaway and for stopping by and leaving me bloggie love!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the snowbird card! Congrats on reaching 200 followers! I am a new follower and thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing a look at my projects.

    mb6464@hotmail.com
    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is too cute!! I want that cart, lol, it's on my wish list!!
    Congratulations on 200 followers!! I'm now a follower too!
    My favorite holiday is Christmas because it's cozy. The colors can be bright and fun or warm and inviting. It's all about the family, but Christmas morning is just for my sister, my parents and me. We can take the morning through about noon and it's just the 4 of us before we have to go meet the rest of the family (who I love) of which there is 32 in total.
    Thanks for the chance to win!
    Sarah Mae

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on 200 followers and I can count myself as one great card, love it I so want this cartridge. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it is not as hectic as Christmas but a day for thanksgiving and gratitude
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mimi,

    We just hit 200 followers also. Congrats!! I'm already a follower and I love Christmas just not because of the holiday, because it's my oldest daughter Alivia's birthday. She'll always be my best Christmas gift I ever got!!! Thanks.

    Tara
    www.craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love your card, the little bird is so sweet!! My favorite holiday is Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mimi!
    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment! I am your newest follower and my favorite Holiday is Halloween...I love watching all of the little ghosts and princesses trick or treating. I also love the crisp autumn fall so for me this is the perfect holiday!
    Your card is simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my Gosh, this is one of the cards at CardzTV I fell in love with!! I love how you made the snow with the torn paper and blue ink, brilliant! and yes that bird is adorable or adorbs, hehe!
    You are amazing... hugs
    Naomi (Expect to see me lots!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I forgot, Congrats on 200 followers!!! My favorite holiday by far is Christmas... In LOVE with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card. The 3 Birds on Parade is one of my favorite cartridges. Love those little guys.

    Tonya
    sctmg5774@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your card. The inside is pretty too. Congrats on 200 followers. I have been a follower for a while. :-)
      Linda
      http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

      Delete
  23. WOW - 200 followers - Congratulations:-) I love your card, the design the colours the sparkle. TFS and already a follower:-)

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on reaching 200+ followers. I have just become one of those followers and a email subscriber as well:-}. I found your blog from a comment you left on my blog when I entered the Cardz TV Holiday Challenge. I think your blog and creations are super cute. TFS and the chance to win some fabulous Cardz TV stamps. God Bless
    Vickie
    www.skybowcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg your card is so cute! I love all the detail you put into it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just became a follower, love your crafty ideas:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Opps, I forgot to tell you my favorite holiday:)lol. I really like Halloween, such a fun holiday and so much chocolate on hand:)lol. Thanks for the chance to win.

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great card and congratulations on 200 followers! Thanks for visiting my blog and the chance to win a great stamp set.

    My favorite holiday is Halloween, I love carving pumpkins, decorating both inside and outside and of course CANDY!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your card! It's fabulous! Hugs, Ginger DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your bird card. Makes me want to go buy that cricut cartridge (have to wait for money). It is really cute, and I can imagine using it with other sentiments. I know I'm late for the give away, but I still wanted to tell you how cute your card is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!