Sunday, August 12, 2012

Busy Baking and Crafting Day!

Tomorrow starts the Berrien County Youth Fair
and my two grandboys will be showing
their pigs, lambs, steers and heifers.

I have to make them Mimi Cookies which are a
traditional shortbread cookie and I make
the fair president a box all for himself.

Here is photo of his cookies all
spruced up by using the Cricut.  The blue
ribbon is on an Action Wobble!
This is so cute!  I started giving
the President his own cookies last
year and did a similar container.  Thank
goodness I created this on my Gypsy, so I just
had to plug it in and cut again!
Love that Gypsy!


I had the grands a couple of weeks ago for
Camp Mimi and we ran
out of time before all the projects
were complete.  I like to take goody
bags into work for my staff.  I have awesome
people I work with and have been wanting
to treat them, however I have a lot
more employees than before. It takes
me a little longer so I don't do it as
often as I'd like.


FIFTY goody bags filled with Honey Wheat Pretzels dipped
in white and milk chocolate.



The cello bag is from my stash, but 4 pretzels
fit nicely.  The topper was cut at 5x3 inches and scored
in 1/2.  I printed the tag on my
Imagine at 2 inches.  I love my Imagine
but especially today when I have
so many items to make.  I don't do a lot
of printing on it, but I do occasionally
just so the ink doesn't dry out.

I stamped YOU ARE APPRECIATED with a stamp
from My Creative Time.
I simply stapled the topper and glued
the tag on.  Easy Peasy!

And last but not least.........................


a double batch of Mimi Cookies!

I can't wait for tomorrow!  I'm working
until noon and then I'm fair bound.
I plan to take off on Wednesday
all day to watch the boys show.

Thanks for visiting me!

Mimi



2 comments:

  1. You have been one busy woman! Yummy treat bags...and those cookies look divine! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought of decorating the plastic container like that -- what a great idea!! TFS

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!