Sunday, July 22, 2012

This Mimi is PROUD!

I love summer for many reasons, but one reason is that
summer in Indiana is
Fair time!  I grew up on a farm and loved the
atmosphere of the county fair.
I had numerous 4-H projects and believe in the theory of 4-H
and how it develops young
individuals.  My oldest son was a 10 year 4-H member
as was my daughter-in-law Carrie.
Today they are raising two young men and teaching them the
same values and work ethics
as they show their lambs, pigs and cattle.  Yesterday was
a great day at our local
Elkhart County 4-H Fair.  My son and family showed in the
Open Class and you can see the
results were impressive.


Here the whole family poses for a photo after winning both
Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb. 
They also won Champion Hereford Heifer.
Isn't this an awesome photo?  I love it!  Drew the youngest showed his
 lamb (he's 6)without anyone else in the ring helping him, it was
 just him and his lamb.  He placed first in his class
and had a smile that stretched from ear to ear.

Here's the cards I had made last week to send to them after the show.



Both images are mounted with an Action Wobble as my boys LOVE them! 
The sentiments come from Cardztv stamps and they capture my thoughts exactly!
Go to www.cardztvstamps.blogspot.com to get your own!

Hope you like my cards (and tolerate my boasting about my kids!).

Thanks for stopping by today!

Mimi

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I know how proud you are of your grandsons and their cards are perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!