Thursday, July 5, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest!


I'm sure you have all heard about Pinterest.  It's a great site to get inspired and I was lurking yesterday and saw a card I wanted to create.  The designer said that she had created with a different cutting machine than the Cricut and actually found the pattern on their online forum, but I decided to try my hand at creating this on my Gypsy.  I started out with circles and starting welding them together and then I had to add a circle in the middle of all the little circles and weld that too so it would cut out the way I wanted.  One of the best things about the Gypsy is that you can see exactly what you want to cut and how it's going to look.  I actually layered all of the layers on my Gypsy so I could size it right.  The smaller scallop and circle was cut using a die from My Creative Time.  The sentiment is also from Emma's stamp sets.  I am in love with my black and white checked ribbon and it was the perfect touch to accent this card.  I topped it off with a button and a little piece of twine.  I did the stitching with a white get pen and a black fine tip Sharpie.  I truly love this card!  I was so impressed with myself that I know enough about my Gypsy to get this done.  Best thing is that now I've created this, it's a file I can keep on my Gypsy and cut whenever I want.

Thanks for stopping by!  I pray you are all keeping cool!  It was 104 degrees today here in Indiana.
We need rain badly as the crops are really looking bad and I hurt for the farmers in our area.

God bless!

Mimi



2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card - and the black and white, with the olive green is awesome. so effective. TFS


    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card, i just bought some sizzix die cuts to try making some cards w/different shapes..TFS...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!