Tuesday, May 1, 2012

You gotta love a Teacher!



My BFF is in education and my Daughter-in-law is a teacher.  Emma from www.creativetimeforme.com has a great stamp set to show teachers how much you appreciate them.  I fell in love with this set and just had to make a couple of cards.  I cut the pencil out of Smiley Cards.  I cut it out at 5 inches and it fits on the card both portrait and landscape.  The first card pictured has the sentiment, "Three perfect reasons to be a teacher, June, July and August".  OMG, I love that!  I'm giving this one to my DIL!  She lives for the summer so she can just be a mom!  She is so special. I am so blessed that my son chose her to be in the family.  The other card is for my BFF who now counsels children.  She is awesome!  Education has been her career for years and I think the children of my community have been so lucky to have had them in her life.
On the first card, I used one of my FAVORITE Martha Stewart punches.  I love this punch.  The edges have been inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye and it lends a very gentle color.  Tiny black buttons (from Joann Fabric) were also used.  I love these little tiny guys.  I used my white gel pen to do some stitching on the pencil.  My favorite thing I used on this card was my Cuttlebug.  Look at the grooves in the pencil?  Doesn't that look real?  Black plaid ribbon and twine add some finishing touches.

I hope you enjoy these cards!  Thanks for stopping by!

Mimi









1 comment:

  1. This card is absolutely adorable!!!! I love it!!

    ~Kim
    www.puppiesandpapercrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!