Sunday, May 20, 2012

Teacher Appreciation


Where would we be without teachers?  My bestie started out teaching and is now a school psychologist.  My daughter-in-law is a teacher and works so hard during the day and then comes home to take care of my precious grandsons.  My youngest grandson graduates from Kindergarten this coming week and I decided to make some goody bags for both Trent and Drew to give their teachers for year end. I love the Nugget candy for goody bags.  Just cut a strip of paper 1x3 inches and wrap around.  Five pieces of candy fit into this clear cello bag I purchased from www.clearbags.com .  The black topper is cut at 3.5 x 5 inches.  I used Cricut Cut Search (look for the button on my blog) to find an apple.  This was cut from Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  I used my Gypsy to size the image at 3.5.  I copied this image four times on my mat, but had to cut out the apple and the books a few tims to get the other colors.  I used my white gel pen to write Math, Spelling, & Reading on the books and I also added a little white to the apples.  The green "mat" that I used on the front and back of the topper are from my Imagine.  This is the stock mat and I color filled it in from one of my Imagine cartridges.  This mat is the perfect size for topper and I usually just fill a whole page when I need a couple.  I used My Creative Time's My Teacher Rocks Stamp set.  I just purchased this set and I love it.  I stapled the topper and added the mat and finishing touches on the front.  Then I flipped it over and used another stamp from this set and stamped FROM so the boys can sign their name.  I think this turned out super cute.

I needed some craft time today.  Yesterday I found out one of my brother's passed away.  Even though he has been in the hospital and quite ill, I just was not expecting him to die.  We were not close and really never have been but knowing he is gone leaves a real sadness in my heart.  I pray he is now at peace and having a wonderful family reunion with my dad and mom in heaven.

Give your loved ones a hug today or call them.  Time flies.

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!