Saturday, March 3, 2012

Everyone needs a bestie!

Today I really needed some "craft therapy".  It was a different day than what I had planned.  To make a long story short, my husband fell about 10 days ago and sprained his ankle.  When we were having coffee this morning he mentioned that he didn't sleep well at all the night before due to the pain in his calf.  My nursing instinct kicked in and I immediately started thinking he could have a clot.  After looking at his leg and seeing the redness, warmth and swelling I told him we needed to have it checked.  Good news!  No clot but he does have cellulitis which if it's not better tomorrow he will be admitted for IV therapy.  I had baked cookies for my grandsons last night and had planned to deliver them today, so I missed seeing the boys.  The cookies will wait until next week and I'm sure they will still get eaten.

Before I left the house this morning, I called my best friend Annetta.  I can tell her anything or I can tell her nothing.  She is always there for me.  She prays with me, cries with me, we laugh together and have pedicures at the same time.  God blessed me richly with this woman in my life and I thank him all the time.  After getting home today and having some good news, I decided to head into the loft and create a card for my "bestie".



Emma from My Creative Time had a THROWBACK THURSDAY challenge this week and I knew I wanted to make a card to enter.  For this challenge we were not to use any Cricuts, Imagines, Gypsy or other machine, just stamping.  Emma said we could use our Cuttlebug so I had been wanting to use a new die I got from Peachy Keen called Funny Flowers.  Along with the cuts, you also have three different faces to use.  I love how this little flower turned out.  I used a new stamp set from CARDZTV that came in this week.  I knew I had to have this set called Good Friends.  It stamped beautifully and added so much to this card.  I used two punches on the border strip to add some interest.  I also used my marker to add some stitching to the flower.

I hope you like my card.  I hope Annetta loves it!  If you are a person of faith, please pray for my husband Bruce!

God bless!

Mimi


7 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, Cathy! Annetta is going to love it too! I'll be keeping Bruce in my prayers...he's very blessed to have you, my friend!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I've gotta get these flowers! Great job! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card!! Love the colors and stamps you used. Thanks for joining us at MCT!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! You did a great job! Good luck on the challenge! hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I am a person of faith and I am praying for your husband. I know he will be better very soon. He is lucky to have such a wonderful woman to love and care for him. :)

    Second, Peachy Keen has dies???? No way!!! That is WAY too cool...and I am so out of the loop anymore. LoL

    Third, I chose you to receive the Liebster Blog Award. You are such an amazing woman with such talent and love. You deserve it. Enjoy and take care. :)

    (To find out more about the award and find what to post to your blog, visit my post on my blog.)

    http://scrapnooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Card is Sooo Cute! Hope your Husband is doing better. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!