Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Christmas gift finally done!




I am so proud of me today!  I finally finished a Christmas gift for my bestie!  I've had it cut out for months, but have not been able to put it together until now.  This is a card holder with 12 pockets and a list inside each pocket to write birthdays, anniversary dates and anything else.  I got this idea from a blog I follow called Creations with Christina.  I purchased a Cinch in December just for this project but today was the first I've used it.  I think I still need to watch some You Tube videos to get the process down, but this came out okay.  Here is the link to the blog: http://www.creationswithchristina.com/

I had a lot of "firsts" on this project.  This was my first attempt at using chip board.  I covered the back and front pieces of chip board with colored paper.  The inside papers are from my Stampin Up stash, but I can't tell you the name. 

I used about 4 or more of My Creative Time products to finish the book.  Emma's link to her store is: http://my-creative-time.com/

I LOVE Emma's products!  To add some finish and polish to the project I used some flower stickers from my stash and tied 5 different ribbons on the rings that I bound the book together with.  I went to my card file and added 4-5 cards to get my bestie going.  The little "clip board" is stamped from one of Emma's stamps and I just cut it out and rounded the corner.  The saying on the front cover is another stamp from Emma.

Thanks for looking!  I hope you like what you see.  Share a comment and invite me to your blog!  I love to gather ideas.  Happy Spring!  It's in the 70's today here in Indiana and that is unheard of for March!

Mimi

5 comments:

  1. very cute great job!!!i' sure ur FBB will luv it..
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your Bestie will love it! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! your bestie is going to absolutely LOVE IT!!! AWESOME job my sweet friend!;)
    Big HUGE hugs,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mimi,
    Great job! We can all relate to the "many firsts..." It looks amazing. The time, care and creativity really shows in this book. She's gonna love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so proud of you too! Once you get started there's no stopping you. Very sweet and creative.

    I think your blog is worthy of some notice so I'm awarding you a Liebster Award. For details visit my blog:
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!