Sunday, January 8, 2012

Stocking up the stash!


Coming back from vacation I had plenty of time in the car so I whipped out my Gypsy and began to design this card.  The snowflake is cut from the Imagine Snow Angels cartridge.  I cut the entire image at 3.5  and then "split" the image out in layers and cut the center out seperately and then popped it up to add dimension.  The card base is black.  The white layer is 4x5.25.  I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the snowflake folder.  I then pulled out my scraps and added some strips on the bottom/side of the card so I could stamp a sentiment.  The sentiment is from My Creative Time stamp line and it's called Wow, So Many Candles.  If you are one of my blog followers, you know I love Emma's stamps!  The checked ribbon just came in from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I get an assortment each month from them, but they were having a sale so I just to cash in on the savings and place an additional order.  Isn't this checked ribbon to die for?

I added some pearls on the snowflake which I think really made this card.  I love pearls but I am running low so I couldn't put as many as I wanted to.  If any of you are reading this and have a great source for pearls, let me know!  They are my embellishment of choice right now so I need a source! Ha ha. 

Thanks for taking time to take a peek at my blog!  I love your comments and would also love an invitation to your blog!

Mimi

4 comments:

  1. WOW! these are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BIG HUGE HUGS!!!
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! great project idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Thanks for sharing and good luck on your DT submission!

    Merilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job!! Thanks for joining CTS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!