Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome to my blog for the first post in 2012!  It seems forever since I've posted anything, but this year the holidays for me were spent with my grandsons who go to FL every year!  I wanted to be a part of their holiday once while I was still the "cool" grandma!  You know, it won't be long until I may see eyes rolling and those looks!  Well today I needed some thank you notes and birthday cards.  For the thank you notes, I picked up these premade 3x3 notes last year on clearance at Michaels.  I LOVE THESE!  Such a cute, quick note and all I had to do was add the stamped message!


The first sentiment comes from My Creative Time's stamp line.  The second and third are from Robin's Nest.  One of the reasons I love clear polymere stamps is that I can SE where it will be on my paper and what size is the best!  I'm totally in love with clear stamps and although I have a HUGE inventory of SU stamps from years of stamping, I almost always reach for the clear stamps first.

My second project today was to make a couple of birthday cards.  I didn't make as many as I need but it's a start.  The little guy is cut from my Imagine.  When you need a quick card or image you just can't beat the Imagine.



The Snow Angel was cut at 3.5 inches from the Imagine Snow Angel cartridge.  I cut the whole image and then cut out layers of the boots and the shirt.  I find that just popping up a couple of layers adds so much dimension.  What you can't see is that this image in mounted on an action wobble.  I love them!  The layer behind the angel is cut from Elegant Edges.  I used a couple of different Cuttlebug embossing folders for the brown base.  I only embossed 3/4 of the layer so I could stamp and emboss with white embossing powder the sentiment.  All of the sentiments came from My Creative Time's stamp line.  They ink up beautifully and clean up like a breeze even after using heaving craft innk.  I used a little strip of ribbon from my stash to cover the line where I embossed with the folder and left it plain.  At least this is a start to getting some cards done, but I plan on doing more this week.

Thanks for visiting and sharing in some crafty fun!  I have to go and write my thank you notes now.  I go back to work tomorrow after being off for almost 1 1/2 weeks!  Hope I remember my job!

Mimi

2 comments:

  1. cute..cute!!!best get goin on gettin some quick cards done also..thx. for sharin!!
    texasgrama7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Mimi~
    Great sets of cards, that's what I'm doing now is replenishing my card box with all the different occasions so I have it when I need them... It's the beginning of the New Year so I'm planning ahead for all the birthday's, anniversaries, whose expecting, all those fun events - V-day, Easter so etc.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!