Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Creative Time Design Team Entry!


Emma from My Creative Time is having a Design Team Call.  I have been waiting to have a chance to be on her team.  I have had the honor of being a Guest Designer twice and would love to serve on her DT for 3 months.  Can I say, however, that the opportunity came during a very challenging week.  First of all my week has been long and each night I came home from work I planned to work on something for the DT.  I was so tired each night, I just didn't have the energy!  LOL!  Then finally Thursday came and I knew I would have time, well that didn't work out either!  So rather than bore you with all the gorey details, I will just say this - I am a simple crafter.  Look at my blog!  Nothing fancy, just normal cards and creations that anyone can do.  That really is my style, so I decided to post the card that I made for my daughter-in-laws birthday.  My sweet Ashley turned 29 today and I made this card on Tuesday night and mailed it the next day.  Ashley could totally wear this dress cut from the Forever Young cartridge.  I love this cartridge and it is my go-to option for cards for Ashley.  I used a sizzix embossing folder to add some interest and it also left a nice spot at the top for my sentiment from My Creative Time's So Many Candles!  I added the rhinestones at the neckline to make it look like a strap.  I ran the black cardstock through my laminator but it does not show up in the photo.  The flower at the waistline is actually a brad that I cut off the back and glued another rhinestone in the center of the brad.  The little sheer organza black ribbon on the bottom just adds a little interest.

I have company coming tomorrow so I was in the kitchen for a good share of the day.  Then I got a surprise visit from my grandsons as they came Trick or Treating.  During their visit the boys wanted to do some crafting.  So away we went, into Mimi's loft to make some fun.  How could I resist?  Here is a picture of them in their football uniforms!  Arent' they cute?


Good luck to everyone entering Emma's challenge!  Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!

Mimi


12 comments:

  1. She is sooo sassy!!! Nice job...good luck :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card. Like how you embossed the background. Good Luck and I am ready to rumble with ya--LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! love this card! and thanks for stopping by my page too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really classy card! Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you picked a great card for you entry! Life gets busy for all of us so your "simple" card is perfect. I must say it is very elegant looking though :) Great job and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card. Love that Forever young cart. Great job & Good Luck. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is SO chic and cute! I love the bling too! Beautiful job! Good luck! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling! I love the colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute...love the textures and colors. Good luck on the DT call.

    Jen
    myimagitivity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the DT call - I'm hoping someone would give me an invitation like that... I would love to be one someday.....
    Love your card great paper piece on the dress...
    You GS's both look cute and tough......
    Have a super evening.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome JOB!! dont you wish there where more hours just to craft! I feel ya! good luck with the DT call

    Micia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant, elegant card!! Love it!! I really need to get this cartridge!! Good luck to you Mimi!!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!