Saturday, October 1, 2011

Filling my stash!






I found myself needing some sympathy cards this week.  I keep a supply at the office and also at home.  I love being able to go to my "stash" when I need a card and it's done!  Today I made about 18 Sympathy/Thinking of you cards.  I've actually been working on this all week.  The first card you see, the image was printed and cut on my Imagine.  It looked a little bland, so I added Liquid Pearls and then (I am so proud of myself) I made my own version of Glitter spray.  I took a small Tim Holtz spritzer bottle and filled it 3/4 full of hair spray.  I then added some of my mineral eye makeup, shook it up and spritzed away!  OMG!  I am in love.  I may spritz everything from now on.  I'm not sure the glimmer shows up, but trust me, it's there.  I love my Cuttlebug and can hardly make a card without it anymore.  I took a photo of the stamp set.  It is from Michael's but I don't know the manufacture.  I store my clear stamps in CD cases and I love it!  The ribbon was done using the "cheater method" taught to me by My Pink Stamper.  I use this all the time now.  Run the ribbon around the mat and tape it on the back, then take another piece and tie over the ribbon band on the front of the card.  It works everytime and looks great.


For the next 3 cards, I cut the flower out of the George cartridge and used fill to page.  It cut out 9 flowers, so I really have 9 sympathy cards just from this cut.  I was left with strips of paper from my 12x12 sheet and I knew I would be using those strips with my Martha Stewart Punches.  Let me say, you could easily use these flowers on a birthday card, get well, etc.  I NEVER make just one of anything, I always make multiples and then create the cards I need.  On a couple of the cards I used 2 layers of ribbon to add some interest.  The mat was also run through the Cuttlebug with a couple of different folders.  Stickles became the center of the flower.

Tomorrow I'm going to make a Christmas Card for My Pink Stamper's challenge.  How about joining in on the fun?

Mimi


2 comments:

  1. Wow Mimi~ they are all so precious.... great detailing, embossing, and those flower are so pretty..... Yes, we never know when to expect those sympathy cards to happen..... I still need to re-fill my stash box too...
    Have a great weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! I need to fill my stash as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!