Sunday, August 14, 2011

For the Berrien County Youth Fair President


I bake a traditional shortbread sugar cookie that has now earned the title "Mimi Cookie" from my grandsons.  The Berrien County Youth Fair is this week in Michigan and I always bake a double batch to get my family through the week.  A little bird told me that the fair president sort of "liked" my cookies and would make several trips through the cattle barn to get a cookie.  This year, I made him his own container, just in case his golf cart has to go a different way on the fairgrounds.

I designed this on my Gypsy starting with the base from Elegant Edges.  I measured my lid and stored a square template in my Gypsy at 7.25 inches.  I saved it.  Then I started by "opening a template" and selected the scalloped edge from Elegant Edges and increased it in size until it fit my template.  I used Plantin School Book for the lettering and welded them together.  The ribbon was cut from Wild Card and I inked the edges with a deeper blue to make it stand out.  I used a stock stamp for the sentiment inside the ribbon.  I just used a circle punch for the center.  I "stitched" along the edges of the ribbon and put some dots on the lettering (not sure if that is showing up).  I attached the ribbon with a wobble (gosh I love those things!) and I'm really happy how it turned out.

Good luck to all the kids showing their animals and having their other projects judged this week.  I can't wait to see my boys tomorrow.

Mimi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!