Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #87


The challenge was to make a thank you card using hearts but not using pink or red for colors.  I knew instantly I wanted to use black and white but I wasn't sure what else to do.  I decided to make a shaped card with Elegant Edges and weld the two forms together to make the card base.  I picked up a super pack of black and white papers and I couldn't wait to use.  It actually was my inspiration for this black and white card.  I cut the heart from one of the cake cartridges but I can't remember which one.  I added 3 rhinestones on the heart because I love bling!  Then I used My Creative Time's stamps and dye to add the sentiment.  When I looked at the card I decided that instead of a thank you card, I needed to make it about love.  I stamped another heart on the inside of the card.  I hope you like my entry.

6 comments:

  1. This just makes me want the Elegant Edges cart even more than I already do. Love it! Where & what brand of black & white paper did you get? I am looking for black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I use a lot of Stampin Up paper, but I have also just purchased a packet of black paper from Walmart. It is not as thick as the SU but it cuts great. I ordered my solid white from HSN. It is Bazzil and cuts great in my Imagine. Not sure if you have the Imagine but there is a great cartridge by Teresa Collins with just black and white patterns. On this card I used a paper pack from Recollections. Good luck and thanks for taking a peak at my card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY NICE CARD! THE HEART GIVES IT A WOW FACTOR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and white, so pretty!

    Leslie

    cascrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, love the colors, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!