Saturday, July 16, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge by My Creative Time


This was a fun challenge!  Thank you Miss Emma!  I made a "version of this card for my son for Father's Day and my DIL liked it so much, she wants to use it to send to the buyers of her son's 4-H animals in August.    This will be a fun project as my grandson can help.

I used Wild Card Cricut cartridge and dry embossed the front of the card.  I cut the ribbon out at 4.5 and becasue it was cut at a different size than the actual card, I needed to make another ribbon for the inside of the card.  I used my white gel pen for the stitching around the ribbon.  I also sponged the edges before the gel pen.  I used Emma's Inspiring Words and Inspiring Word Accents.  I heat embossed the words on the ribbon and on the inside of the card.  I loved that I could "curve" one of the accents!  I have never done that before and I think it came out great.  The ribbon was attached with glue dot and I popped up the ribbon on the front of the card.

I have to say these stamps cleaned up like a dream!  The thick craft ink cleaned right out of the words and I only used water and my scrubby cleaner pad from Stampin Up.  Thanks Emma for a quality product!

Mimi

2 comments:

  1. This is so Adorable. Thank you for playing with us over at Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! I LOVE love LOVE this card. So creative!!! Awesome job and use of Emma's stamps! hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!