Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team Entry


My Pink Stamper is having a Design Team call and this is the card I am entering.  I LOVE the Preserves Cricut Cartridge and I use My Pink Stamper Fruit and Veggie Punnies all the time with this cartridge.  I had made a version of this card earlier this summer but I had to redo for the color challenge Robyn asked for.  We were to use brown, orange, turquoise & green.  We could add another color if we wished.  I love this card and sentiment!  I used my Imagine to cut out the pear.  What a SWEET way to cut colored layers.  The pear was cut at 3 inches.  I have a Cuttlebug embossing folder that goes along with the Preserves Cartridge (love that!) and that is my first layer.  This is the turquoise and the card base is a deep brown.  I then used a yellow dot background paper and a Martha Stewart Punch on both sides.  The pear was cut with two different green colors and all edges were sponged to add depth and color contrast.  The ribbon came from Really Reasonable Ribbon (I get a new set every month) and that was my orange.  The pear was popped up with Stampin Up Pop Dots.  "What a pear" came from My Pink Stamper's Fruit and Veggie Punnie set.  I use this so much during the summer months - this set was a great investment!

Thanks for checking out my entry!  This was my first time in my loft for almost two weeks.  My husband had knee replacement a week ago and between work and him, I've been a little preoccupied.  He is doing fantastic and walking around the house today with a cane.  He even made it down the stairs so we could have coffee on the front porch!  Praise the Lord!  He is doing great! 

Everyone have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I love the eyelet border you used! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I hope to enter the MPS Design Team call too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful I love the pear.
    I wish you the best in the DT challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianmlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on your card! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love the embossed background and the punch border, so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! I love the pear!
    www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Best of luck with the DT!

    Jenny
    www.papercutcreations.blogspot.com
    papercraftjenny@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!