Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gift card holder for my son's BD!



I have no idea how my son is so old when I'm just a young thing, but he will be celebrating his birthday on August 2.  I remember the day well.  We had just finished the county fair of which I "waddled" around all week - seriously!  The doctor had told me on my Friday check up that he was going out of town for the weekend but he was sure I'd go another week.  I went into labor the next morning.  This birth was what we used to call "natural".  No drugs or anesthesia, just Lamaze classes to get me through.  I didn't know the sex of the baby as we didn't do routine ultrasounds and I was ecstatic when I heard it was a boy!  My oldest son has been a blessing to me and is a great dad to his two sons.

I got the idea for this card (shape and cuts) from someone on YouTube.  Sorry I didn't keep the video to give credit, but I did a search for Cricut Gift Card Holder.  I wanted to make a card to hold the Bass Pro Gift Card and I think it did come out cute!  As you can see, I didn't use the cricut to cut out an image but I did use My Creative Time's dye and So Many Candles stamp to complete my project.  Thanks for looking!

Mimi

2 comments:

  1. Really cute project!! I popped over from Dedicated Scrappers and would love to have you join my blog also! You will find the blog link at Dedicated Scrappers. I have a blog candy give away going on :)
    Shelley Peeler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. I actually saw a YouTube video about this kind too, and they called it a "Happy Accident". I don't remember who I saw it from either. Very cute, and of course I am in love with Emma's stamps and dies too! Thanks for the wonderful comments over at my blog, and I am a new follower of yours as well!
    Christy
    thescrappyredheads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!