Sunday, July 24, 2011

Birthday time for sweet Carrie! - Paper Cutz Challenge



My sweet daughter-in-law had a birthday this past week and today I got her gift ready for delivery!  She has a Cricut Expression and I don't think she has ever purchased the Cricut tool kit so when I saw it in pink, I knew I had to get it for her.  Instead of a card, I made a tag from Sweet Treats cartridge.  I LOVE how it turned out.  This tag is a two layer and I actually used my Imagine to print and cut the tag from the Blossom color palette.  The little gift was cut from the Yummy cartridge.  I used My Creative Time sentiment from So Many Candles to stamp the bottom of the gift and it says "you are aging to perfection" and she is!  I added a button (Mary from Cardztv would be so proud of me) and the organza ribbon seemed to be the perfect touch.  I sponged around all layers of the tag and images to add more dimension and a bit of distress look.

This was my first time making a tag and I really love how it turned out!  I am entering this in the Paper Cutz Challenge.  Thanks for looking.  I'd love your comments and even love it more for you to become a follower!  Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. This tag is absolutely adorable!! Love it! Emma's stamps compliment the project so well! I'm sure your daughter-in-law will love it!

    Hugs,
    Tracey
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey! I thought it came out cute too! Off to check out your blog!

    mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Mimi!!! Love the colors and sheer ribbon!!! Your blog is lovely, I am already a follower! Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!