Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Creative Time Throwback Thursday Challenge

Sweet Emma challenged us to use a lite cartrige or an OLDER cartridge and we had to bling it up!  My great granddaughter turned 3 this weekend so I pulled out Hello Kitty (one of the first cartridges I purchased) and made this cute little card.  I actually used the card feature and cut the kitty out as a card and then placed it on several layers of paper to create this look.  I used stickles on the eyes, center of the top flower and on the whiskers.  I used my pen to do some stitching on the white fur.  You can't see it but I also used my white gel pen to do the stitching on the pink clothes.  I added a dimensional flower on top of the flower that Kitty is holding.  I used an sentiment from My Creative Time "Too Many Candles" for the inside of the card.  Love how this turned out.  I think the Kitty was cut at 4 inches and I used my Imagine for a time saving card.  Also used my Cuttlebug and several other layers of paper and ribbon from my stash.  You can see the Kitty card is actually popped up on the card base.  Fun and Easy!  Thanks for the challenge Emma!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi!

    This is the cutest card! I love how you attached the kitty card to the base paper. Great idea. :)

    Thanks for playing along with us at MCT Throwback Thursday challenge.

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! I love how you have a note hidden on the outside of the card! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!