Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Guest Designer for My Creative Time!

I'm so honored that Emma ask me create something for her.  I love My Creative Time Stamps and I think I counted that I own seven sets now.  The sentiment is from Turn That Frown Upside Down and I had to have this set when I read "you are my sunshine".  I sang this to my "baby" who is now 32 years old.  He remembers me singing it to him and once he caught me singing it to his nephew and remarked that he loved it when I sang to him.  So............................................I HAD TO HAVE THIS SET!  I love that this entire group of stamps is positive, positive, positive and sometimes I just want to send a card for the fun of it and these speak to me.  The sun was cut from Simply Charmed and instead of cutting out the face layer I used my Peachy Keen stamps for the face!  Love the little rouge effect!  The printed paper is from my stash and then I just starting pulling paper that seemed to go together.  The card base is a Rose Red, then a light blue and the printed paper, grograin ribbon and the sun was popped up.  I really DIG the cool shades, don't you?
It seems like I'm always making birthday cards and when I saw this saying in Wow! So Many Candles, I laughed and laughed.  At my age, the words are REALLY true.  You just gotta love Forever Young for these cute little chicks!  I don't even think "back in the day" I ever looked this stylish, but a girl can dream!  The card base is Stampin Up Bashful Blue, then a small layer of black and SU Wild Wasabi on top.  I love my Cuttlebug and use the Swiss Dots folder to give the green some dimension.  Then a small strip of Bashful Blue with the top and bottom edges punched with one of fav punches.  I used a plain white satin ribbon dotted with Platinum Pearl Liquid Pearls.  Part of the creative process is for me to stand back and look at my finished product and many times I can see it just needs something else.  This is the first time I've used the pearls and i did like the effect.

I hope you enjoy!  I love comments, so grab a cup of coffee or a glass of sweet tea and stay awhile!  Thank you Emma for letting me share!  My two newest purchases from Emma are Pain Pain Go Away (I'm a nurse so I can always use these) and So Grateful for You.  Life is too short to not say thank you!  You know I really think those of us that make cards, we like to send them and I must say that most people remark how happy they are to recieve a card as we just don't send them like we used to.  We use email, the phone or the internet and it truly is becoming a lost art.  So, go ahead and make a card and send it for any old reason.  Your friends will love it!  Have a great day!  Mimi

18 comments:

  1. These are both wonderful. The sun one just makes me smile looking at it :-) I love the girl and her dress, so pretty! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are just AMAZING MY SWEET FRIEND!!!!! Thank you for being my guest designer this week!!! You sure did ROCK these 2 cards!!!
    Big Gypsy hugs,
    emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have found your blog! I LUV your cards. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    Stampingl8y.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the PK stamp have the glasses on it? I will have to go check it out. Haven't seen that one. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job on your cards!They are soo Amazing,I love the sun and all the great details!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!! I love the sparkle on the sun and the dress!! Gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your guest spot. You did an amazing job on both of these. I absolutely LOVE them!!!!! And those liquid pearls look like a lot of fun. I'm definitely going ot have to try them. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Card. You did a great job showcasing Miss Emma's Amazing Stamps.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your guest design post! The cards are simply adorable! TFS!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi, your cards are amazing. Everything just fits so perfect. Great job.

    Jamie
    Oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of your cards....just awesome!! I'm now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime.
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Simply Charmed Sun does have the glasses for the sun. Isn't that too cute?

    Thanks for the sweet comments!

    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower, love your cards they are both beautiful... check out my blog nenerscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Miss Mimi..Congrats...first because you were a guest designer and 2nd because your cards are so Beautiful...Totally loved both of them...Great Job!

    Sweet Scrappy Hugs,

    Honey B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both of your cards. They are great the colors are so pretty.
    Thank you
    Linda in Stanwood

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both the cards. I hope you don't mind if I scrap-lift the sun card for my sister. She recently finished her Cemo treatments, and truly is my sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are really nice, especially the sun. Love the glasses makes me smile. Congats on being guess designer. Hugs, Anne :)
    http://createacardbyanne.blogspot.
    com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting me Mimi :) I didn't really have time to check out your blog the first time I visited, but I'll definitely be following you and I'd love for you to do the same! Just loving some of your projects, especially that adorable snowman card and the graduation card!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!