Saturday, May 14, 2011

Throwback Thursday with My Creative Time!

Emma's challenge this week was to have "blue" somewhere on your project and to use the Doodlecharms cartridge.  While looking through blogs last week, I saw the brayer technique which I have not used in YEARS and while looking through the Doodlecharms notebook, I decided to make this dragonfly.  I used glossy cardstock and my brayer to make a 4x6 sheet of colored paper and then I cut out my dragonfly.  I used my two way glue pen on the wings and then dusted three different Martha Steward Glitters.  The colored background paper really make the glitter colors pop!  In my scrap drawer I found a rather large piece of patterned plaid paper and then another textured green cardstock piece.  I used a punch and put it all together with a ribbon.  The card base is baby blue which looks great with this soft green.  Thought this ended up real cute.  Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. great job on the wings of this firefly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cute card! I love the bling too! Great job! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!