Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday afternoon Craft Time!




I didn't want to spend all afternoon in my craft area.  My plan was to make a couple of cards without a Cricut image and just my new Martha Stewart punches.  I picked out the colors I wanted to use and started playing with my punches.  I knew I wanted a double row using 2 different images.  When I finished that, I was trying to decide if I should use my Cuttlebug or not.  I decided not to do that, but tied a ribbon over the top of the layer and then started to look for a sentiment to use.  I found two that were so cute and I JUST HAD TO CUT OUT A CHICK!  These cards were so easy!  I love being able to use the blackout feature on my Cricut so I can stamp the face using Peachy Keen Stamps.  Isn't this the cutest little chick?  As you can see, I sponged ink around the edge of the chick adding some dimension.  Then I picked out my "chick" face, put some chalk on a q tip and gave the chick some blush.  Used my gel pens to color in the beak and added some stickles on his tummy.  I stamped my sentiment and still felt it needed something, so I added bling!  The stamps I used are from My Creative Time, but I can't remember the names.  They are just the perfect wording for this card.

Thanks for taking time to look at my cards.  I love comments and I'd love it even more if you become a follower!  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!