Sunday, April 3, 2011

I've been BLOG hopping and got inspired!



I am entering this project in Simply Sunday Challenge by Getting Cricky.  What inspired me today?  Blog hopping!  Comsee what all the fun is about @ www.gettingcricky.com/2011/04/simply-sunday-challenge-inspired-heart.htmle
I have been doing more Blog Hops than before and I find that I've met some incredible people along the way.  I don't know all their names and I'm sure they don't know mine, but I see what they've created and I think "I never would have done that" , "that's a great idea", etc.  This weekend was just that.  My inspiration for this weekend's project was Diane.  Her link is at the top of my blog.  She shared it was done on the Cricut program on the computer but I didn't have that, so I got out my Gypsy.  I tried to create it as close as I could to what she had on her website.  I used Doodlecharms & George (this is where the rectangle came from) and welded them all together.  My mind is buzzing with what I cann do in the future as I just would not have thought about doing this had I not seen her project.  I also noticed that Diane used patterned paper and I never would have done that, but it gave it instant "pop" and color.  I did do a few things different.  I knew I needed about 16 of these to use for my staff at work, so I didn't want to do all the layers.  By using colored cardstock, I already had a lot of color so I used the blackout feature so the eyes, nose and whiskers would not have marks or cut out.  I used a Peachy Keen Critter face stamp (LOVE these) so I didn't need to cut the face, I used Emma's stamp set called Turn That Frown Upside Down (creativetimeforme.com)  to stamp the Happy Easter.  I did sponge brown ink around the rabbit to make it more dimensional.  I chalked a bit of "blush" on her cheeks.  I used ribbon from my stash to tape around the base of the box.  I have a couple of packets of flowers and used those to add some to the ribbon.  For the whiskers, I had to think about this.  At first I tried raffia, but that ended up in pieces and I couldn't find anything else to use.  Then I decided to cut black strips of paper on my cutter.  When I had cut them as tiny as I could, I then cut them one more time with my scissors.  I took my stylus and curled the edges to make them go all directions.  Pop dots allowed me to place them right on the "blush" of the cheek.  I used Martha Stewarts scoring tool and it was awesome.

This was a fun item to create and I so appreciate Diane's idea - thank you!  All I need now is some "treats" to add in the box and give them to my staff.  I can't wait.

Thanks for taking a peak!  I love comments and I would really like you to become a follower.  Get a cup of coffee, stay awhile and have some fun!


Mimi

9 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Really cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,

    I am so happy to know that I inspired you. The bunnies look great - I like the adaptations you made. I'll be pulling out my Peachy Keen stamps next time I make some!
    Thanks for letting me know about your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. I made some last year from Diane's post. I love your cute little faces.
    Thanks for joining us for Simply Sundaysghemo at Getting Cricky
    Brenda
    Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job, I think I might try and make one of these for my kids. Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Kathy
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute BUNNY!! Thanks for playing along in the Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Rachel Miller
    http://rachelspapercrafts.blogspot.com
    http://rachelluvs2craft.stampinup.net
    rachelspapercrafts(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy this is an adorable little basket! How fun would these be to make for the little girls next door at Easter. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bunny! You should come over to our blog hop and link it up!!! Join us at www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com! Make sure to leave me a comment and let me know you came on over to check it out :) There is even a little blog candy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely precious.
    Thanks so much for playing my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    All the Cricky Best,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!