Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fun Crafting Day with my BFF!

Most weekends are so busy, I rarely get a chance to be with my BFF, but today was an exception.  We went into my stamping/crafting loft and "played" for about 4 hours.  It was fantastic.  Gone are the days when I could talk and craft - HA HA!  Now I can only do one or the other as I will forget what I was saying or doing!  She needed a few cards and so did I, so we put our heads together and this is partly what we came up with.


My oldest grandchild takes his first communion tomorrow.  I bought him a new Bible and made this card to give him.  The Congratulations stamp was one from my stash, but I couldn't find anything for "communion" so I printed it off on my computer and used adhesive to stick it down.  My youngest son, was confirmed last weekend, so I also made the same card for him, but inside it says "on your confirmation".  The cross came from Indi Art which was one of the freebies for Gypsy owners several months ago.  I didn't want to search all through my cartridges so I used http://www.mycutsearch.com/ and typed in cross.  It told me exactly what cartridges had crosses.  This is a wonderful tool when you are looking for an image.

Next, another BFF is having a birthday tomorrow, so I had to create something special for her.  Isn't the saying precious?  They are from My Creative Time.  I love her stamps and you will too!  My BFF is going to love this card.
In case you cannot read the sentiment, it says, "the secret to staying young is to lie about your age."  This card was made with 2 different Martha Stewart Punches, the Cuttlebug for the white layer (think we used the swiss dot one) and a cupcake embellment (there were 4 in a pack and I found them in the $1 bins at Michaels) and a ribbon from my stash.  All paper is by SU.  Card turned out REAL cute without much effort.

Then one more card for one of my physicians who is haivng a BD on Monday.
Same idea here, just used different punches.  Notice the base color and 1st layer of the cards are the same, I just used scraps for my punch pieces.  Using punches on your scrap strips is a super way to use them up.  It adds so much to your cards also.

Well I hope you enjoy!  I sure had fun.  When my BFF and I get together to create, we call it therapy!  Not real sure if it's cheaper though :). 

I would love it if you leave a comment.  Pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea and stay awhile.  Have a wonderful weekend!

Mimi

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! you were busy!!! ALL of your cards are AWESOME!!! thank you for showcasing my stamps so beautifully!;)
    Big Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!