Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pink Stamper Blog Hop!

It seems like forever since I've had the time and energy to go into my loft and craft.  Robyn's blog hop was just what I needed to get me off by butt!  Ha ha!  This was a fun card as I used the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge and just cut out several images.  I will post the rest of the cards I made (total of 6, all different sayings, but used the same paper and the same idea) at the end of this message.  I have to say that I LOVE glue dots!  They are perfect to use when I'm layering images such as this flower.  I also "spritzed" the petals and leaves and dried them with my embossing gun.  I curled the leaves and petals with a pen giving them a little more dimension.  Not sure if you can see, but I also used the Cuttlebug to dry emboss the white background paper.  I love Really Reasonable Ribbon and when it came on Thursday, I knew I'd be using it all up.  I love purple and this assortment is just beautiful!  So I glad I joined that club as I get a great little package every month.  The Sentiment is Robyn's and it fits so well with the image.  I finished it off with 3 rhinestones.  When I go into Michael's I really go through the $1 bins and find most of my embellishments for a buck!  When the grandkids visit they love to use them too and I can be generous when I only spent a buck!

I hope you are enjoying the hop!  just think of the great cardio workout we are all getting!  I love comments and plan to stay a while and look around.  Join in on the fun!

Mimi

If you've followed my blog before, you know I make multiple cards at a time.  I figure if I'm going to figure out the colors and what I'm going to do, I can make several cards at a time.  If you look closely you will see they all look similiar but have different wording.  I needed a get well but wanted it to look bright!  I love spring and will send these out to my BFF's.  I never have enough birthday cards and am always glad to have a stash to go to when I need a BD or other card in a hurry!  I hope you enjoyed my post!

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty tree was felt.made me think of Spring
    www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card set, love the shimmer and colors! TFS :)

    http://www.dilsaverdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous! I love the idea of making multiples with different saying. I'm your newest follower! Come by and visit me at
    mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards. I'm already a follower, but I learned so much from you today. I'm definitely going to start making multiple cards at one time. I never thought about varying them the way you did. I had also never heard of Really Reasonable Ribbon. I just checked them out and am going to sign up. TFS!

    Christy
    http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are beautiful! and I love that you make multiples, I try to do the same because it doesn't seem tot take much more work! TFS!

    Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mimi! I love your card--and I agree the glue dots are the BEST when layering--I use them all the time!
    I also LOVE that dollar bin--who doesn't love a bargain, right? heeehee
    Thank you soooo much for visiting my blog yesterday, and now I'm following you too!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These are all so beautiful!! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!