Monday, March 14, 2011

Another floral card.....it's gorgeous!

I made a spring card for My Pinkolicious Blog Hop on the weekend.  I had some leaves left over and I couldn't stop thinking about those darn leaves, so I made a few more cards.  It seems that I never have sympathy cards when I need them, so instead of different sentiments for different occasions (the way I usually make cards) I made these all sympathy cards.  The sentiment is one from a set I bought at Michael's.  It is nice and big so I can create many different sentiments if I want.  This time for the flowers I cut them all out of white paper, sponged the edges with some Tim Holtz ink, curled the edges with the bend of a pen, used a brown brad in the center, then glittered them with just a hint.  Oh I forgot, I also "spritzed" these with glimmer mist.  I wanted a more monochromatic card.  The ribbon is from my Really Reasonable Ribbon stash.  Glue dots secured the leaves and then I used pop dots to affix the flower.  I did the layers on the flower with glue dots just like in my previous post.  The first white layer was created with the Cuttlebug and I used foam tape to pop up the entire layer and give it some dimension.  You can see that no flower is the same.  I used my 12x24 mat and cut all the flower pieces using Mother's Day Bouquet.  I started at 2 1/2 inches and worked down to 1 inch in the center.  You can add as many layers as you like.  This is a fun cartridge and I can see that I will use this over and over again.  The leaves were also cut with the same cartridge.  Before assembly I did use shimmer mist to add some sparkle.  I hope you like this set of cards.  I think they came out lovely!

If you came for the blog hop, just go down one post and you will see what I made for it.  If you stumbled upon my blog, grab a cup of tea and stay awhile.  I'd love to have you become a follower and leave me a comment.

Mimi

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you make lovely floral cards (these ones and on the next post down the page). I think I'll have to look into the Mother's day cart!!

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today. I am now following you. :)

    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these flowers! (and of course the purple one you did too!) They are very classy and work perfectly as a sympathy card ... I might have to try my hand at a flower or 2 this weekend! TFS!

    Meg @ craftingwithmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GORGEOUS! The shimmer mist is a great touch! I love the sentiments and I enjoyed browsing all your fun creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your sweet comments! We are thinking of selling our home and I can hardly imagine how tough it will be to box up my craft space and prepare for a move! Oh my! This is my therapy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!