Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's Stinkin Cute - it's a new baby!

I found myself this weekend needing to make a card for my new grandson.  I had remembered a card that I saw on My Pink Stamper's blog a long time ago and it became my inspiration.  It was also the reason I HAD to buy Create a Critter.  The Skunk was cut at 3 inches.  I used Stickles where I could but also did some sponging around the edge of the skunk.  I chalked a little "cheek color" on the face to perk it up.  The sentiment comes from My Pink Stampers stamp.  All paper is from Stampin Up in whatever colors I could find.  Keeping in line with my normal procedure I made a total of 4 cards, all with skunks.  I only stamped the sentiment on this card, but have another set from mypinkstamper set that says "that stinks" so I may use it when I send them.

I also finished up my Valentine project for work so I'm attaching that picture as well.  I saw an idea on another blog the other day and decided to use it for my project at work.  http://www.capadiadesign.com/2011/01/how-to-design-custom-candy-bag-topper.html
This person is so talented!  I did the candy nuggets and wrapped them with a 1x3 inch piece of Valentine paper and placed 4 nuggets in a cello bag.  I didn't have the cartridge that she mentioned so I used Sure Cuts a Lot and used an image I had on my computer.  I really like her image better, but mine came out okay. 



Enjoy looking around!  I've had such a LONG week and I can't beleive the weekend is already over.  Some day I hope to have more time to craft.  I've had some wonderful comments on my blog and I know I'm just beginning so thank you for your kind words.  Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Couple of GREAT projects you got there!!!! Robyn also inspired me to buy the Create-A-Critter cartridge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna, it's so funny, everytime I think I am done purchasing cartridges, she reviews another one! Oh my! I think I'm doomed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!