Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another snowy night in Indiana!

Tonight's drive home was a bit tricky but it's all to be expected for an Indiana winter.  I do live in the snow belt and some years it's a very mild winter with little snow, then we have a year like this!  The good part is I am home safe and sound and ready for a relaxing night with hubby.  This past weekend I finished up my Valentine Day cards and some for St. Patrick's day.  I've attached them for you to see.

Since I have not learned the art of taking a video and "posting" a video, I thought I would explain my method of making cards.  For me, the hardest part of making a card is deciding what to put on my card.  I also think a lot about color and combination of colors and patterns of paper.  I have learned that using my Cuttlebug adds dimension to almost any project.  You will see that I use some of the same embossing folders over and over again.  When I finished my cards I just looked at them and decided they needed more ---- something.  That is when I took my white gel pen and put dots on all the hearts.  Then I thought they needed something more, so I added some rhinestones.  On the St Patty cards, I added more stickles.  I also rarely make ONE card.  I make several with the same idea but my goal is to use up my scraps.  With the same design card you could use it for a birthday card, thinking of you, get well, almost anything.  It's almost a game or puzzle for me to use up my scraps.  Normally I make a minimum of 4 cards, but most of the time will make 8.  If I spent the time picking out my colors, my paper and the idea for the card, I'm going to get the use out of it.  I make birthday cards each month using the same idea.  In our church we publish a birthday list and I like to send cards to many on that list.  Maybe it's just justifying my cards, but I think they like it.  I love using My Pink Stamper stamps for the sentiment.  I have about 10 sets of her stamps and always seem to find one that says what I want.  The clear stamps make it easy to place exactly where you want them on your cards.









I hope that my ideas help.  Thanks for looking and sign up to follow so you can be notified of when I add new cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!