Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Sunday afternoon therapy!












My BFF was making cards for the church bizarre and I told her I would try and find a snowman and do the cutting on my Cricut.  After I got hers done, I started looking for a different snowman so I could make some cards on my own.  The snowman I used on my cards was cut on my Cricut with a program called Sure Cuts a Lot.  I discovered that cutting an image is only the beginning of my creations, but I must tell you, I am amazed every time I look at the cards.  Peachy Keen Stamps provided me the face for my snowman.  I used my Cuttlebug to dry emboss the first layer of paper.  The pattern paper was just something I had her and I used a portion of a 8.5x11 sheet.  It is used just to add some interest.  I colored in the nose and gave some blush on the cheeks of the snowman.  Then I used Stampin Up Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Crystal Effects & stickles to add some bling.  I buy ribbon from Michaels when it's on sale so I always have a stash to use on my cards.  To top off my cards and to add the sentiment, I use My Pink Stamper clear stamps.  These sayings/words are absolutely the best I've ever used.  The phrases are great, but the fact she uses different fonts make them (in my mind) the best ever.  I rarely ever use any of my vast collection of Stampin Up word stamps at all anymore.  I just love Robyn's creativity and I think they MAKE my cards.  I hope you enjoy my creations.

I want to share that I make cards and I send out many cards all the time.  I feel that if I take the time to come up with one card (colors of paper, stamps or cut outs, use of embellishments etc.) and I have scraps to use up, I might as well make several cards at once.  I've started to take pictures and sometimes I keep a card for future idea.  My goal is to start scrapbooking this winter as I've only ever done a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love comments too! Invite me to YOUR blog so I can how "crafty" you are!